I’m back in holiday cocktail mode! I’ve dreamed up this easy and delicious collision of herbal and fruit flavors for you guys. Delightful citrus aromas from the Yuzu Gin are balanced beautifully by the easy-to-make thyme 🌱 simple syrup. The addition of pomegranate juice and seeds bumps up the fruit notes and provides a gorgeous, festive color. A float of dry Prosecco integrates the flavors and textures just like your favorite holiday wrapping paper!
• 1.5 oz Yuzu Gin
• .5 oz homemade thyme simple syrup
• .5 oz pomegranate juice
• 4 oz. Ruggeri Argeo Prosecco
• Pomegranate arils (seeds) for garnish
• Add the Yuzu Gin, thyme simple, and pomegranate seeds in a glass or cocktail shaker with ice.
• Stir or shake to chill and strain into a Champagne flute.
• Top with Prosecco and add pomegranate arils for garnish.
To make the thyme simple syrup:
• Combine equal parts water and sugar. bring to a boil. Drop in thyme sprigs and let steep one hour. Store in the fridge. Makes a great dessert topping too!
Would you sip on this under some mistletoe?