I'm glad you found your way to The Wine Ship! I am a Denver-based Sommelier with a passion for discovery and teaching through experiences. My blog captures wines I'm loving, virtual experiences, travel inspiration, food pairing guidance, and information on clean, sustainably-made products.
Now, can I get you a drink?
~ Montana Rae, Captain
We are all adapting to life in this digital world, but we still want to do fun, interactive things with friends and family! Since we can't go out for a great tasting, why not bring one home?
Welcome to your step-by-step guide to hosting a curated wine and cheese experience that you can share with family and friends all over the country.
Just place your order for this special lineup of four delicious wines. They will be shipped to you, to a friend, or to a UPS pick-up location of your choosing. Each wine is paired with a tasty cheese that plays perfectly with the nuances of each unique flavor profile. You can find these cheeses at most grocery stores, or you can order them online (details below).
I hope you enjoy this! I can't wait to hear about your experience. Send us an email!
Getting Set Up
• Organize a date and time for your event
• Order the wines, leaving plenty of time for processing and delivery
• When the wines arrive, store the Chardonnay, LO-VE, and Riesling in the fridge until the day of your event
• If you're using Zoom and your event includes more than 2 people, you will need to pay for the service. You can also use FaceTime, Instagram Video Chat, or another free platform.
• Make sure everyone in your group is signed up with Zoom or whatever platform you're going to use before you get started
• Shop the cheeses at your local grocery store or online
Day of Your Event
• Start the meeting and send the invitation to your group
• If you want, download the tasting mat I made for this experience
• Pull the cheeses out of the fridge about an hour before you start so they can come to room temperature
• Take the Chardonnay, LO-VE, and Riesling out of the fridge and pour all four wines about 15 minutes before your tasting begins. This will give the wines a chance to "breathe" and open up.
• The format of your tasting is up to you! You can simply hang out and chat as you taste the wines. Or, if you'd like a little more guidance, click here to access our step-by-step guide on how to Taste Like a Somm!
• 4 clean wine glasses per person
• Clean white sheet of paper
• Tasting Journal
• Tasting Mat
• Make sure there's no residual soap in your wine glasses by rinsing them with water.
• If your glasses are stored in a cupboard close to your spices, take them out the morning of your tasting as aromas can get trapped in the glass.
• For the most pure experience possible, skip applying any perfume, scented lotion, and flavored lip balm.
Click to Download Tasting Mat
Montana Rae Neiley